Thursday, January 31, 2008
And let me explain the snake. Meet Trinity. And NO i did not name this one. When we went to Disney in October of 06, the boys each got some spending money from Grandma. We unleashed them into a gift shop and this is what Evan bought. Much to grandma's chagrin. She hates snakes. Even poor, fake Trinity. These are pics from Disney. Evan caught on real quick when he realized Grandma was scared of his new friend. He chased her. And she ran. ;)
Oh, he's holding her in this pic cause he insisted on sleeping with her the other day. I tried to talk him out of cuddling with the six foot rubber snake, but he didn't care. So be it.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Diana (aka Heehee) with Diana Elizabeth.
Poppy playing with Lizzy. Too cute!
Sometimes a girl just need a daddy-shoulder nap.
Oh, and she rolled over (from her belly to her back) on Sunday night at small group. She's getting so big. :(
See, i read this post on Heather's blog a couple weeks ago about a book series by Stephenie Meyer (if you scroll down, it's the post called "Challenge" on that link above). The first book is called Twilight. I was apprehensive at first, I mean, would I really enjoy a book about vampires (of all things?!). But when Teaque (who reads little more than scrapbook magazines!) read all three of the Twilight series books in one weekend I knew i had to at least give it a try. So, that's where I've been the last two days. GLUED to this book. I stayed up til midnight last night finishing it and, if you know me, you know that's HUGE. I mean, like 9:30 or 10 is my usually bedtime.
Twilight was extremely addicting. In fact, I'm going to have to ground myself from reading the next two books so that I can get my house cleaned. And my kids. And the laundry. ;)
They are also making a movie out of the book. Due out in December AND (not many people will find this as interesting as me BUT) the guy playing the lead in Twilight (Edward) played Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter movies. COOL! At least I think so. But then again I'm a Harry Potter freak too. ;)
So, thank you Heather for putting my life on hold for a couple days. Now, I'm off to clean the office (just for you, Honey.) Oh, dang if I post this, that means I actually have to do it, huh?! ;)
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
If you are as clueless as I was, let me explain. Webkinz are these little guys in the picture down here and they each come with a code. You log onto their website, www.webkinz.com and register your pet, give him or her a name, and start playing. And, oh my goodness, there is soooo much to do. The website is a bit overwhelming, but after you figure it out (I've had to ask help from my 7 year old niece, and a friend of ours who has offered to send her 8 year old over-- and no, i'm NOT kidding) it's so cool. It's a virtual pet. You buy him food, clothes, games, furniture for his room, you can add rooms (I'm saving up for a garden for good old Lester, the bassett hound.) Oh, and you get kinzcash by playing games. They have a variety and I love it--Uh, i mean, Evan loves it. The best one is Booger gets an A. You wanna try it out? Let me know, I'll give you Lester's login and password. Too cute.
And, moving on...all three of them are watching cartoons. :)
Last week was Hawaii week at school (how nice would it be if we were actually in Hawaii right now?! ) and i really wanted to get a picture of both boys with their Hawaiian shirts. Well, cooperation was not on their To-Do list for the morning so this was the best I could do. But, hey, he's in his shirt AND wearing the glasses he refused to put on. Score one for Mommy.
And lastly, a project i have undertaken that i think is going to do me in. i thought it would just take one afternoon, but no, i think it's going to take all week. These are all of my pictures that aren't digital. From my mom and dad's wedding up til college graduation. Oh dear, you say? Yeah. Oh crap is more like it. I bought albums to organize them chronologically and it would be a whole lot easier if I'd labeled them when i had them printed. Half of them read, "Summer mission trip--1994?" or "Alisha----" cause i can't remember someones last name. Grrrrrr.
It'll be nice when it's done (i hope) but i may have gray hair by then! ;)
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
At four months old, Lizzy...
- is 14 pounds and 24 3/4 inches long
- can hold her head up really well
- loves to sit up (with help, of course)
- will help us pull her up to a sitting position
- loves to sleep with her blanket over her head
- loves her new Uncle Adam Blankie (the white and pink with white satin on the back)
- can jam her entire fist into her mouth
- has given herself her first hickey (on her knuckle!)
- can sit up in her exersauser (sp?!) as long as i put a blanket in front of her
- takes 3-4 snoozes (20-45 minute cat-naps) and one good nap, usually when the boys lay down, about 1:30-4
- fusses and babbles for a good while before she gets really mad (it doesn't hit this level often, i promise!)
- says "mmmmmm" and "ma" and "mum" when she's hungry or sleepy
- is still waking up about once a night (she gave me 7 hours last night) but her doctor told me today that there is no reason she needs to eat at night since she's growing so well. So, sorry Lizzy, you heard the doc, it's time to let you cry it out for a couple nights. :(
- celebrated her first Christmas and opened her first present (with Gran's help) of her first pair of bunny slippers! So cute!
- loves to smile and coo at her big bros (who love her to pieces)
- still loves to nap on Daddy's shoulder
- sleeps nights in her pack n play (instead of the baby carrier or swing like before)
- loves to give open mouth baby kisses (i love them!)
- still takes her "strawberry cocktail" in the mornings (prevacid for her reflux)
- loves to help mommy cook dinner in the baby carrier
- is wearing mostly 3-6 month clothes (some 0-3 still fit)
- still has blue eyes!
- has lots of red in her hair (like mine and Nate's, you can really see it in the sun)
- needs a manicure about every other day
- is such a sweet and happy baby!
Four months old
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
We went over to Bekah and Barrett's (friends from high school) on Christmas Eve and the boys had a great time playing with 'Uncle' Barrett! They're giggling, I promise!
This is Ila, Cate and Lizzy. This was about the best pic we could get of the girls. :)
Deuce got these crazy mustaches for himself, Dustin and Adam. And, note Lizzy sleeping in her favorite place. ;)
This is 6 of the 7 grandkids. And yes, this is the best I could do. Chaos is my life these days!
Maia, Livy and Lizzy. I think little Nina was sleeping.
Look, I'm in a picture!
Gran with Nate and Lizzy. Oh, and Dandy.
I've got more, give me a day or so.
Monday, January 7, 2008
On January 1, 2008, our brother-in-law Adam Duchscherer passed away suddenly from a blood clot in his lung. Adam was a wonderful husband, son, brother, uncle, and friend, and words can’t describe how much he was loved or will be missed. Please keep our sister Donda and his parents Martha and Rich in your prayers, as well as the rest of our family. The outpouring of love from family and friends is a comfort during the long road of grieving ahead.
These pictures were all taken during our family trip to Disney October of 2006. We all had a great time and the boys especially loved being with Uncle Adam.