This one needs a brief explanation: I was cleaning out my underwear drawer and throwing them on the bed. I turned around and realized she was using them as necklaces! She got about 9 pairs on before she flipped out and wanted them off.
At 18 months Lizzy...
- is 21.2 pounds (10th percentile)
- is at 50-60% percentile for height (i don't have the number with me)
- has a huge noggin. It's in the 90th percentile!
- is trying really hard to talk: uh-oh, ta-da, buhr (bird), pooooo (poop), dudu (is Evan's horse, Doodoo), she'll moo like a cow, num-a-num-a-num (is "i want something to eat or drink" and has been known to mean, "i'd like that toy please, brother"), buhbuh (brother), buh (bus-she loves to wait for the bus to deliver Evan to us in the afternoon-she runs up and gives him a hug), Dada (last weekend when he was alone with them, she finally figured this one out. D's so proud), Mama (she's been saying this for a long time, but i'm not bragging or anything), she has words for Gran and Grandma i think Gran is Dan and Grandma is Mah-mah (but she emphasises the first "mah"), meh is still bath and ball, she's really good at repeating the right number of syllables, but not the right sounds. I'm sure there's more, i just can't remember right now. She's trying, that's all that matters. Her bros were talking well by now, but i can't compare, i know. oh! She calls her blankies "dada" cause D always plays the "where's Daddy's bankie" game.
- loves to help. She took the vaccuum cleaner hose right out of my hands the other day and "vaccuumed" the floor.
- Has a temper. The boys never threw fits like this one. Again, i'm not comparing or anything... ;)
- Does NOT like to be belted into the grocery carts anymore. Or the stroller.
- will run the total opposite direction i want her to go if she's in a parking lot. Joy.
- LOVES her bros.
- Will watch Sesame Street. She actually watched about 40 minutes the other day! Oh, she says "momo" for Elmo. She has a stuffed Elmo that she loves. She'll watch some other shows too, but not for long periods.
- loves her baby dolls (she'll bring me her blankie and a baby and wants me to wrap up baby. Then she'll tote her around and love on her. I've GOT to get it on video), balls, stuffed animals, shoes, her disney princess jammies (yes, already--she points to each one and wants me to name them)
- doesn't eat much for a day or so then will go to town. She loves pasta and is a HUGE banana fan. Oh, she says "nana". And in turn has trouble pooping. We have to slip a laxative into her drinks. OH, she loves milk too. I've been buying her organic whole since she quit nursing. I think i'm going to switch the boys to organic 2% just to be on the safe side.
- loves to be outside. Thank God spring is here. Now if it would just stay warm!
- will pat her diaper (oh, she says diaper and it is pretty clear) when she poops or needs a change.
- pees so much at night i sometimes have to change her in the middle. Jammies too.
- loves to pull every single wipe out of the wipe bag if i don't catch her in time.
Diana Elizabeth Sapp
18 months old